In my free time I enjoy running and I am unofficially training for a 10 mile race, However, most races have been canceled or postponed. I also enjoy being outdoors. My family has a small farm in Western Coventry. Our latest addition is a brown calf named Chocolate, who thinks she's dog. She enjoys going for walks and being petted.
My manifesto:
I am a teacher who stands up for Special Education against inequality, who is in favor of supporting others against discrimination, who is a supporter of inclusion against segregation, and who is a defender of advocating for what is fair against oppression. I am a teacher who favors the permanent struggle against ensuring all students receive an appropriate education and against those who disagree. I am a teacher who rejects accepting that not all children are capable of learning, because it is responsible for enlightening others. I am a teacher full of love and support, in spite of their differences and challenges. I am a teacher who refuses give up on my students. I am a teacher who is proud of my students progress. If I do not struggle for them, then I will no longer be their advocate.


Welcome to our class, Amanda, and thanks for sharing the great pics of your kids and Chocolate! Adorable. I also like running (though I can't do 10 miles) and am trying to do it more, especially now that my gym is closed. But I'm so tired of my neighborhood...
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate in your manifesto how you reject the notion that some students are incapable of learning. It drives me CRAZY when people say that a young person can't learn. I also think that all students WANT to learn. So if they are all capable, and they all want to learn, but so many have negative educational experiences, then what is going on? We need radical different approaches to schooling in my opinion.
Thanks,
Dr. Benson